Phalaenopsis (moth orchids) grow well in centrally heated rooms and have long-lasting flowers produced all year round. They are one of the most popular indoor orchids.
The purple flowering phalaenopsis orchid in a cement pot is a lovely combination of elegant ornamentation.
* Style and shape of the vase may vary subject to availability. If the vase pictured is not available it will be substituted.
How to care for orchids:
- Position: The best place to keep an orchid in your house is in a position with bright, filtered natural light.
- Temperature : The right temperature for an orchid sits at about 23 degrees Celsius to provide a temperate climate for your orchid to thrive and flower
- Watering: Give them a drink straight from the tap; a light water at room temperature once a week is all your orchid needs. Ideally the mossy substance surrounding the orchid roots should not be allowed to become completely dry. Water straight to the roots, avoiding the leaves and ensure good drainage so you don’t let it sit in water in the pot. The occasional mist with a water spray is also a nice touch to extend the life of the flowers.
- Fertiliser: All plants need fertiliser to help them grow as they use up all the surrounding nutrients in the soil (in this case, bark and/or moss).
- Repotting: Once a year or every 18 months, give your orchid a little room to move around. Choose a pot that’s a little bigger and a fresh batch of orchid potting mix from your local nursery. Be gentle with the roots as you move the plant across and leave a little room at the top of the pot for watering.
- Next-day Delivery : All deliveries ordered will be sent out via next working day delivery
- Prices for delivery are broken down by Brisbane postcode, this is detailed in the delivery section of the website and will be calculated at checkout.